The Technion in collaboration with the International Cyber Security Center of Excellence (INCS-CoE) invites students to participate in the first C2C (Country-to-Country) Capture the Flag competition, to be held online from December 6th -7th, 2020.
C2C 2020 will be an exciting opportunity for students to work together as international teams to solve interesting CTF challenges, while learning new skills, socializing, and promoting international collaboration and friendship.
C2C Members include MIT, Royal Holloway, Cambridge university, Keio university, and other universities. The second C2C competition, C2C 2021, will be hosted at the Technion.
This competition was originally planned to be held in July 2020 at Royal Holloway, UK, but due to COVID-19 pandemic the competition will take place online in December. Those already registered to July 2020 will be automatically registered to the online competition.
Where and When
The inaugural C2C CTF 2020, organized by Royal Holloway, University of London, will be an online competition running for 24 consecutive hours from December 6th 2020 (11am UTC+0) to December 7th 2020 (11am UTC+0).
- Students of INCS-CoE member universities, from Israel, UK, USA, Japan, France and Australia.
- Eligible Israeli Students are
- Full time undergraduate and graduate students (full time for undergraduates means studying 12 points or more in the semester; any graduate student taking any courses or with an approved research subject is considered full time).
- Studying at the TECHNION, BEN GURION University and TEL AVIV University.
- The International C2C Committee will select up to 200 students from the received applications
Important Dates C2C 2020
- 1st October 2020 (UTC+0): Deadline for students to apply
- 4th October 2020: Notification to students [TBC]
- 5th-9th October 2020: Registration open for accepted students [TBC]
- 20th October 2020: Dry run
- 6th (11am UTC+0) -7th (11am UTC+0) December 2020: Main event
Example Challenges Areas
- Reverse Engineering
How to apply (ISRAELI REGISTRANTS MUST DO BOTH):
- Complete an online registration https://www.c2c-ctf.org/ , AND
- Email the following information to email@example.com: * CV, student grades transcript, detailed skills and background (can be in Hebrew, though English is preferred)
- Please note that without completing both requests your application wouldn’t be considered.
The application deadline is Thursday 1st October 2020 (UTC+0).
C2C 2020 Selection Criteria and Funding
The International C2C Committee will select 200 students from the received applications, with which we intend to create diverse teams for the competition. We aim to select competitors from a broad range of backgrounds, nationalities, languages, genders, experiences and cyber security skills. We seek motivated and resourceful participants who enjoy a tough intellectual challenge in a cooperative international context. We are not merely looking at experts who have won other hacking competitions before.
Award certificates will be given to the best teams and members. Every participant will receive a participation certificate.
More information on C2C